Unlocking the Potential of Well Drinks with Biyo POS
Well drinks, often known as “house” drinks, may not always steal the spotlight on your drink menu, but they play a vital role in the success of bars and restaurants nationwide. These classic cocktails, typically made with simple ingredients, offer a range of benefits to both your business and your customers.
Exploring Well Drinks
Before we dive into the advantages of well drinks and their impact on your bar or restaurant, let’s get acquainted with what cocktails really are:
What Are Well Drinks?
Well drinks are straightforward mixed beverages, often referred to as house drinks. They are crafted using the bar’s most affordable liquor options, also known as well liquors.
These well liquors are conveniently located right behind the bar, typically in a long bin resembling a well or trough, hence the name. At a minimum, every bar should stock their well with inexpensive brands of vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, and tequila, along with a selection of sodas, juices, fruit garnishes, and mixers.
How to Order Well Drinks
When a customer requests a mixed drink without specifying a particular liquor brand, the bartender usually prepares a well drink. For example, if a customer asks for a “gin and tonic,” the bartender will use the well gin. However, if they request a “Tanqueray and tonic,” a premium brand, the drink will come at a higher cost.
Benefits of Offering Well Drinks
Now that we understand the basics of cocktails, let’s explore the significant advantages they bring to your bar or restaurant:
Cocktails are typically made with cheaper alcohol brands and simple ingredients. This translates to a lower cost margin, allowing you to offer budget-friendly options to your customers while maintaining healthy profit margins.
2. Speed and Efficiency
Cocktails are quick and easy for bartenders to prepare, ensuring faster service and improved turnover at the bar. This efficiency means happier customers and increased revenue potential.
3. Versatile Customization
With well drinks as a base, you have the creative freedom to customize your menu. You can craft signature cocktails unique to your establishment, setting you apart from the competition and enticing repeat visits.
Adding Well Drinks to Your Bar Menu
Now that you’re convinced of the benefits of well drinks, it’s time to consider what to include on your bar menu. Here’s a list of popular well drinks categorized by alcohol type:
Vodka Well Drinks List
Discover a range of well drinks that revolve around the versatile and smooth flavor of vodka. These classic concoctions are perfect for those seeking a crisp and delightful drinking experience:
- Vodka Soda: Served with a lime wedge.
- Vodka Cranberry: Served with a lime wedge, also known as a “Cape Codder” in the Northeast.
- Screwdriver: Vodka and orange juice.
- Moscow Mule: Vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice, often served in a copper mug.
- Bloody Mary: Vodka, Bloody Mary mix, salt and pepper, garnished with a celery stick.
- Black Russian: Vodka and Kahlúa. You can also add milk to make it a White Russian.
- Bay Breeze: Vodka, orange juice, and pineapple juice.
Rum Well Drinks List
Indulge in the rich and flavorful world of rum-based well drinks. These classic concoctions are sure to transport your taste buds to tropical paradise:
- Cuba Libre: A refreshing mix of cola, rum, and a lime wedge. Also known as “Rum and Coke,” this classic is a crowd-pleaser.
- Mojito: Fresh mint muddled with sugar, topped off with rum and soda water. Get creative with different herbs, juices, and mixers to create unique variations.
- Daiquiri: A simple yet delightful blend of rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. It’s a timeless favorite that never goes out of style.
- Dark and Stormy: A cousin of the Moscow Mule, this drink combines rum, ginger beer, and lime juice for a refreshing and slightly spicy experience.
Gin Well Drinks List
Explore the world of gin-based well drinks, where botanicals and juniper notes take center stage. Here are some gin classics to savor:
- Gin and Tonic: A classic, featuring gin served with a lime wedge and tonic water. Simple and satisfying.
- Gimlet: A mix of gin, lime juice, and simple syrup, creating a sweet and tangy cocktail that’s easy to enjoy.
- Tom Collins: Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and soda water combine to create a bubbly and refreshing drink. Upon request, it can also be made with vodka, known as a “Vodka Collins.”
Tequila Well Drinks List
Embark on a flavorful journey with tequila-based well drinks. These cocktails showcase the bold and vibrant character of tequila, offering a taste of excitement with every sip:
- Margarita: Tequila, Triple Sec, and margarita mix. Explore various versions, but the most basic includes lime juice and simple syrup.
- Tequila Sunrise: Tequila, grenadine, and orange juice. Pour the ingredients in that order to achieve the stunning “sunrise” effect in the glass.
- Mexican Bay Breeze: A twist on the classic Bay Breeze, this version features tequila instead of vodka, offering a delightful tropical escape.
Enhance Your Bar with Biyo POS
Now that you have a fantastic selection of well drinks to offer, consider how Biyo POS can elevate your bar’s efficiency and customer service. Watch the video below to see how Biyo POS can streamline workflows and provide a seamless experience for your customers.
Well drinks are a staple in the world of cocktails, offering cost-effectiveness, speed, and customization opportunities for your bar or restaurant. By integrating well drinks into your menu and partnering with Biyo POS, you can elevate your establishment’s offerings and ensure a memorable experience for your patrons.
Ready to raise the bar for your bar? Contact one of our experts today and discover how Biyo POS can take your business to the next level.